Friday, November 14, 2008

Trumping Chipotle?

Today my friend Shuba and I went to get burritos. We were recomened by our other friend, Jason, to go to this little vendor on the corner of 15th and K. The place is like a little cart that can be wheeled around and, really, does not look very impressive. But even with its less than stellar looks there are usually at least 10 people in line for one of this guy's burritos.

Here is the run down on how you order the burrito:
1. Tortilla? It comes in wheat, spinach, tomato chili, and another one I can't remember.
2. Cheese or no? If you get cheese, he will melt it onto the tortilla when he warms the tortilla along with the rice for the burrito.
3. Black and tan? This means black beans and refried beans. You can order only black or only tan as well.
4. The Works? This contains sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. You can order them individually as well.
5. Fruity? There is this fruit sauce that can be put on the burrito.
6. Rictor scale? There is a scale from 1 to 10 on how hot you want the salsa to be.

So my official order was a "wheat, cheese, black and tan with the works, fruity, and a 5 on the Rictor scale". And it was...........amazing! I loved it even if there was no meat in it. I suggest that anyone that comes to DC should find this stand and eat there. Next time, though, I think I will take about a 7 on the Rictor scale.

No comments: