Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday going ons...

So work has been pretty slow lately. I have been trying to find work for myself but I find that reading the health sections of newspapers has become my routine for every afternoon. It's not bad in the way that I keep informed on new developments but I wish I was actually working on something. I have been asking for more things to do but I guess everyone is kind of at a stand still except our president. I don't think she understands that we are all lacking in work because she is not very good at dolling out work and feels she can do it by herself. If anything I am being shown that it is better to give out work than to keep it on yourself.

So because of the lack of work, Brandel, a staff member, took me to meet her husband this afternoon for lunch. He works at the World Bank so he gave us a tour and then we had lunch together and spoke about how the World Bank works and what his job is like. The food was amazing because their cafeteria has food from all over the world. The World Bank represents 180 countries and is part of the UN. There are over 10,000 people that work there and 30% of them are over seas. It was amazing to see so many nationalities represented and the massive scale of the buildings. They do not occupy one building but FIVE full buildings in downtown DC. They have their own credit union, travel agency, dry cleaning, picture framing store, book store, and tons of other stuff right in the main building. It is like a universe unto itself. I ended up having sushi and some rice and green beans from the Korean stand. I was stuffed!

Now I am off to take a shower and get ready to go watch The Office. You got to love Thursday night TV!

No comments: